HowTo Install Video Conference system on Nethserver

These are useful tips, what do you think to write down a guideline for next howtos?
Newcomers are new to NethServer devel concepts so point out to this rules (with links to developer manual) is going to be a standard approach

2 Likes

it’s not a matter of writing an howto, but how to integrate a package in NS

rules are:

• never, Never, NEVER instal dev tools/compilers on your server
  • always use rpms and yum… almost everything is available as a rpm, even if on external repo (epel, rpmforge etc)
  • if a rpm package is not available… well, you’d study a bit how to create one starting from a .tgz package and a .spec file
  • never edit conf file and / or create firewall rules via direct editing or cli (iptables…)
  • re-think everything needed to configure/start service in a db/fragments/template/event perspective

that’s all, and it’s likely enough to start :smile:

3 Likes

I ran into a few problems while going through this how to:

1. update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/jar jar /usr/java/jdk1.8.0_45/bin/jar 20000 failed to read link /usr/bin/jar: No such file or directory
  2. wget http://it.apache.contactlab.it/openmeetings/3.0.6/bin/apache-openmeetings-3.0.6.zip - not found
  3. I used wget http://it.apache.contactlab.it/openmeetings/3.0.7/bin/apache-openmeetings-3.0.7.zip
  4. service red5 status - red5 dead but pid file exists
  5. http://my.local.ip:5080/openmeetings/install - ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

when I cd to /opt/red5 and run ./red5.sh I get the following errors:

`ConfigurationDao.java 215074 123 org.apache.openmeetings.db.dao.basic.ConfigurationDao [org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.SchedulerFactoryBean#0_Worker-8] - Could not find key in configuration CONF_KEY: application.base.url

WARN 12-10 15:08:52.505 ConfigurationDao.java 215081 123 org.apache.openmeetings.db.dao.basic.ConfigurationDao [org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.SchedulerFactoryBean#0_Worker-8] - Could not find key in configuration CONF_KEY: number.minutes.reminder.send

WARN 12-10 15:09:27.512 ConfigurationDao.java 250088 123 org.apache.openmeetings.db.dao.basic.ConfigurationDao [org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.SchedulerFactoryBean#0_Worker-9] - Could not find key in configuration CONF_KEY: smtp_server

WARN 12-10 15:09:27.515 ConfigurationDao.java 250091 123 org.apache.openmeetings.db.dao.basic.ConfigurationDao [org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.SchedulerFactoryBean#0_Worker-9] - Could not find key in configuration CONF_KEY: smtp_port

WARN 12-10 15:09:27.519 ConfigurationDao.java 250095 123 org.apache.openmeetings.db.dao.basic.ConfigurationDao [org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.SchedulerFactoryBean#0_Worker-9] - Could not find key in configuration CONF_KEY: system_email_addr

WARN 12-10 15:09:27.522 ConfigurationDao.java 250098 123 org.apache.openmeetings.db.dao.basic.ConfigurationDao [org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.SchedulerFactoryBean#0_Worker-9] - Could not find key in configuration CONF_KEY: email_username

WARN 12-10 15:09:27.525 ConfigurationDao.java 250101 123 org.apache.openmeetings.db.dao.basic.ConfigurationDao [org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.SchedulerFactoryBean#0_Worker-9] - Could not find key in configuration CONF_KEY: email_userpass

WARN 12-10 15:09:27.528 ConfigurationDao.java 250104 123 org.apache.openmeetings.db.dao.basic.ConfigurationDao [org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.SchedulerFactoryBean#0_Worker-9] - Could not find key in configuration CONF_KEY: mail.smtp.starttls.enable

WARN 12-10 15:09:27.533 ConfigurationDao.java 250109 123 org.apache.openmeetings.db.dao.basic.ConfigurationDao [org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.SchedulerFactoryBean#0_Worker-9] - Could not find key in configuration CONF_KEY: inviter.email.as.replyto

WARN 12-10 15:09:27.536 ConfigurationDao.java 250112 123 org.apache.openmeetings.db.dao.basic.ConfigurationDao [org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.SchedulerFactoryBean#0_Worker-9] - Could not find key in configuration CONF_KEY: mail.smtp.connection.timeout

WARN 12-10 15:09:27.540 ConfigurationDao.java 250116 123 org.apache.openmeetings.db.dao.basic.ConfigurationDao [org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.SchedulerFactoryBean#0_Worker-9] - Could not find key in configuration CONF_KEY: mail.smtp.timeout`

Any help will be appreciated

I hope that @enzoturri could help you :slight_smile:

I’m sorry for waiting but I had a bit of trouble.

This weekend I will try to repeat the process on a clean installation, and with the new release

Which java version you downloaded ? jdk-8u45-linux-x64 or newer ?

correct and thanks for the tip. I correct documentation.
You use Nethserver 6.7?

damn I had several problems.
finally it worked.
the problem is java.
I used:

yum install java-1.8.0-openjdk icedtea-web 

as soon as possible I will correct documentation

1 Like

The documentation has been updated

2 Likes

Hi @enzoturri,

Some questions, if you don’t mind:

• Did you try Openmeeting on NS 7?
  • Is this documentation available for NS 7?
  • there is something different if I want to install through NS Virtualhost Module ( I want to have statistics with AWSTATS by @stephdl)

TIA,
Gabriel

EDIT:

I found this:

( https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OPENMEETINGS/Tutorials+for+installing+OpenMeetings+and+Tools )

Just as a point of information, Nextcloud now offers Nextcloud Talk, which would give you at least the majority of this capability with a pushbutton installation.

1 Like

Hi @danb35,

Thank you for the tip.
I need webinar sessions with our customers. This option is not free for Nextcloud/Nextcloud Talk.

Yep, that’s one of the few things Nextcloud doesn’t do (at least not without paying extra). Just thought I’d toss it out there if it would do what you need.

1 Like