Installation of nethserver 7.3 fail

Hi everyone,

I have problems installing nethserver 7.3. My installation fails at checking installation media (at least i think so). I used more dvd’s, burnt in different computers and i get the same error every each time. I thought it’s a problem with my optical disk drive, with my dvd’s, but installing centos 7 (downloaded from centos website) gave no error. in a virtual machine everything went smooth and fine but on my real server the same error every time. I had installed nethserver 7.2 before on the same server and the installation for 7.2 went just fine.

so anyone had problems like this?

Does your Server has UEFI, perhaps you can switch to legacy boot.

tried both bios and uefi… the result is the same…

and i think that @alefattorini said that you should go with bios… i hope i remember well…

You can safely skip the checking part.
Use the unattended mode, and everything should go well.

it’s strange because centos 7 installation goes with no problem but nethserver (which is centos…) installation is failing…

i tried that too… the same result…

look… this is what happens… sorry for the quality of the picture

Try deleting all partitions, restarting and start a new installation.

I did that too…

i did that too…

Is there any way of installing nethserver from a usb memory stick? I’d try that to see what happens.

download again the ISO ?

for this, ‘dd’ is your tool, sometime deleting partitions is not enough

Sure, “burn” the key with:
sudo dd if=nethserver-7.3.1611-rc3-x86_64.iso of=/dev/sdb bs=64k
where sdb is your usb key.

I know that sounds stupid, but did you check the MD5 or SHA1 signature of the downloaded ISO; I assume you are installing the latest NethServer 7 RC3 “Tiramisù:

i did that…checking md5…

several times… different pc’s… different isp… so that is not the problem… maybe it’s a hardware related problem… tomorrow i will try to install it from an usb odd (maybe i have a faulty odd)…

it’s very strange because i can install centos7 with no error but when it comes to nethserver, installation fails… anyway tomorrow i will try again with rc3… if it’s not working i will try with rc2… if it’s not working i will try with an usb odd… i know that somehow it will work (i’m sure it’s something i’m doing wrong)

I did not just delete partitions. My hdd’s were in raid 10, i have deleted the raid array, rebuilt it and the result was the same…

i did that…checking md5…