NethServer Community at Fosdem - 3 & 4 February 2018

A post was split to a new topic: The NethServer family is expanding: Welcome Mattia, son of Alessio

Iā€™m sorry guys but Iā€™m not able to participate. :frowning:
Too much to do in that period and not enough time ā€¦

Update: Will be there :slight_smile:

Thatā€™s too bad Bogdan. I will look forward to next opportunity to meet. Say hi from me and Monique to your wife.

2 Likes

The FOSDEM is approaching!
IIRC we should organize 2 things:

Dinner

Traditionally all dinners have taken place at Amadeus.
Do you think is suitable for everyone?
Otherwise @pagaille, would you like to take care of the dinner organization and maybe suggest any other place which can be easily reachable on foot from the city center?

Meeting

Of course, as we already did in the last years, we can meet at cafeteria but Iā€™d like to sponsor the proposal of an ā€œunofficialā€ meeting in a dedicated BoF room.
Should we try to book an hour during Saturday afternoon?

The main topic could be the Community governance as proposed by @robb but we could add any other interesting topics, maybe including a Q&A session.
Robb, would you like to take care of organizing this part?

@alefattorini would you like to invite to this discussion anyone who already confirmed his/her own presence to the FOSDEM?

2 Likes

Now itā€™s safe, Iā€™ll be there at Saturday with a friend of mine.
Iā€™ll try to get him to nethserver, he could be an enrichment (like every other member too) for our community.

5 Likes

How far would this organizing go? Does it include arranging a room or will someone of the Nethesis crew be able to do this?

Anybody can write ā€œNethServerā€ on the board at the entrance of the H building. The first who gets there can write it, letā€™s try to arrange the best time for all of us.

2 Likes

greatā€¦ I think the best time would be right after Stefanoā€™s presentation on PBX on NethServer in the lightning talks on Saturday. That would be around 14:00h??
Are there any talks that ā€œcanā€™t be skippedā€ at that time?
Personally https://fosdem.org/2018/schedule/event/community_technical_writing_non_writers/ would be an interesting one for meā€¦ That one is right after Stefanoā€™s talk. But the NethServer community talk is more important for meā€¦

2 Likes

Hi guys, we will see you all there! :slight_smile:
Looking forward to see you all again! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

So you can manage to come over? AWESOME!

List updated!

1 Like

So, letā€™s try to book at 15.30 or later.
There are so many talks, someone will miss something for sure :smiley:

Great news! Iā€™m really very happy! :slight_smile:

Dear all, I just got the flu and Iā€™m locked into my bed. Iā€™ll do my best to attend the fosdem but canā€™t arrange anything for the next two days. Sorry.

We will meet of course directly there, Iā€™m sure you will recover for next week :wink:

Still, do you have any suggestions for a good restaurant for a table of around 15 people?

That would be great. Then I can attend the writing by non writers talkā€¦
15:30h on Saturday it is then??

Exactly :wink:

Iā€™ve just booked for 15 people at Amadeus, time 22.15.

Itā€™s a bit late, but we can arrange to have a beer together before dinner.

This is the venue: https://goo.gl/maps/uRoXgAYPftu

2 Likes

Did you make sure we arenā€™t kicked out like last year? I found that unbelievably disturbingā€¦ :rage:

No I didnā€™t, it is an online reservation. :slight_smile:

I think we have enough time to chat while having a beer before and even after the dinner. :wink:
By the way Iā€™m open to any other alternative restaurant, but I couldnā€™t find one available for large groups. :frowning:

If youā€™re attending FOSDEM, you can join NethServer telegram channel to meet and organize things!

https://t.me/joinchat/ERzJQwwdIiMKWliqJ-sAwQ

5 Likes