Organizing the NethServer Conference 2019 📅

Sure !

The room at Fosdem looks ok for me, even if it is not so… let’s say comfortable :slight_smile:

I could maybe propose an equipped room in the cultural center where I work, but is quite excentred. It is located in Forest, but well deserved by public transport, not far from the Midi station : Le Brass - Centre Culturel de Forest
Avenue Van Volxem 364, 1190 Forest
02 332 40 24
https://goo.gl/maps/kZTRgcMUd1L2

Regarding the restaurant I would go to Chaussée de Boondael, there are plenty of never-closed-bars frequented by hordes of students and I know at least one good restaurant that can probably host 20 people : La Mirabelle
https://goo.gl/maps/SV49ByLrraP2. Would you like me to take contact ?

4 Likes

Thanks for the proposal but I guess that the venue is not a problem. The full-schedule and the day in advance are hard to introduce :slight_smile:

Interesting. Can we organize a menu?
Take a look at the list above

Their website confirm they can host groups and have a three course menu at 29€

See : http://www.mirabelle.be/menu-pour-les-groupes/

I went there several times and have never been disappointed.

4 Likes

Good! Suggestions are welcome!

@pagaille I keep it in mind, lets see if our appointment can attract more and more people, It could be a nice community’event at bruxels.

1 Like

Sounds good…

1 Like

I think we should get things ready for the Conference.
It would be great to have several (3-5) speakers who want to do a small (20 min?) talk at this mini community conference.
So, I would like to ask anyone to step forward and give a small description on the topic that he/she want to talk about.
We have 1 topic already:

Open-source and community-driven development: @stephdl

Anyone else please step forward.

4 Likes

If we have time, I can propose an AMA for the developers. I don’t know how much time to reserve for it :wink:

4 Likes

You know, I’d like to speak about “Building a community of NethServerians” :innocent:

I can’t miss this one:

3 Likes

Let’s create a new topic

1 Like

OK I got my plane ticket, surely I am coming

8 Likes

Me and other Nethesis guys too!

3 Likes

I will probably come over by car. (1hour 15min drive to Brussels for me)
I am unsure if I stay in Brussels for the night, but will be there both days…

7 Likes

I will be there at Saturday. Perhaps with Björn @smutje1179 again. I’m glad to see you all there :smile:

5 Likes

Good to know!!! See you there

1 Like

Hello

I would love to participate ! I hope i will not run into problems at my current job :crossed_fingers:

@m.traeumner: lets talk about to join them at the 1st February

Greetings

Björn

5 Likes

Anyone else?? Flights booked?

2 Likes

I’ll be there definitely and @smutje1179 too.

2 Likes

I will be probably there (depends on business, though). Let me know if you need a help with the talks :slight_smile: I will use the red NS logo :rofl:

3 Likes

Thanks for reminding me to this discussion :joy:

1 Like