Rspamd quarantine feature

maybe in some case it is incompatible, quarantine@domain.tld is whitelisted but the end recipient is myaccount@domain.tld

That’s because it is an alias

I will try to set it up with a dedicated account/mailaddress. But to be honest I am not convinced this will work that great, since there is a need to log into the spam account and then go through the list of spam mails.

In my mind I had the idea of getting a digest of spam mails from which I can choose (by clicking a link in that digest mail) to mark messages as not spam and thus they get delivered.

I am sorry but this is out of the scope due to the amount of work, or at least not now :frowning:

you could set up an imap account to your thunderbird or equivalent to receive spam

eventually we could set a specific account to receive the notification, instead of postmaster it could be robb@domain.com, with the title and the spam score you could understand what is the content

works also with a shared mailboxe, just created in Email addresses > Shared Mailboxes

2 Likes

I thought first that the email was not rejected and the side effect is that the spam sender continues to send again and again spam, I am not sure now
 I can see the spam sent rejected by my server but of course moved to the quarantine account.

Erreur signalée : *550 5.7.350 Remote server returned message detected as spam -> 554 5.7.1 Spam message rejected*

So in short the spam is seen rejected for the sender, but moved to the quarantine account.

it works well for account on the NS, as a dedicated user mailbox or a shared mailbox

testers needed to validate the work, please read the QA at

and

really thank you in advance

PS: as a side note, a virus found goes to quarantine

2 Likes

Should be added to the manual! There’s an open PR: who wants to do it? /cc @robb @GG_jr

:pencil2: Just follow this link and start edit it: Sign in to GitHub · GitHub

1 Like

Released.

2 Likes

What do I have to do to quarantine blocked office documents? does the user “spam” have to be an AD account? Is the user “spam” an IMAP user or can the user RSPAM login?
Sorry the question, the function is not really clear to me yet, I tried the documentation, but can’t get any further. Please give mnir some more startup help

http://docs.nethserver.org/en/latest/mail.html?highlight=quarantine#quarantine-beta

The documentation stated, create a real user or use a shared mailbox.

Sorry, I thought it was a user and not a public folder.

how can i best test it locally, so that an attachment runs in the spam folder, the signature “XJSC4JDBQADN1.NSBN32IDNENGTUBE-STANDARD-ANTI-UBE-TEST-EMAILC.34X” will not be sent at all

this is a special signature, well known to test antispam, the rspamd behaviour is not the same for this, for example even if you stop the spam filtering it is always rejected.

Wait some time, when you see a rejection in the rspamd history, then the quarantine must work