So, what are you working on? - 2 Jan 18

Happy new year NethServer Tribe! :family_man_woman_boys:
A new year is kicking off and I’m planning new strategies and content for our community.
That’s a brief a list:

NOW as always and on 2018 too, let me give a big warm welcome to our new members from the past two weeks! :hand_splayed: :hand_splayed: :hand_splayed:
Make yourselves at home and consider this your safe space for any questions you have related to NethServer and sysadmin’s life. Remind that this is an incredible, supportive and understanding community. We’re all here to help each other.

Ehi folks, what are you working on?

And @kristian1369 @jstammi @EddieA @dnutan @PCXLan.es @fausp @danb35
I see you :eyes: what’s on your plate this week?

4 Likes

Set up a Neth 7.4 instance in a VPS on contabo.com, and will be working on the dummy NIC and VPN configuration in the next few days.

3 Likes

Happy new year for everyone. As SavaPage developer I help community members with setting up an Open Print Portal with the NethServer-SavaPage module.

4 Likes

shake hands @danb35 I just got myself a contabo VPS too. LOTS of RAM and quite cheap.
My intentions for the new year are clear: get those educational applications in the NethServer repo’s:

• SavaPage (thnx @rijkr)
  • Moodle
  • KanBoard
  • Xerte
  • Xibo
  • a student management application. Unfortunately Schooltool has been discontinued. Maybe Gibbon can be an alternative, but as far as I know there is no LDAP/AD support. Any suggestions?
2 Likes

Some people may be interested in some of my projects. Yesterday, I created a post within this forum explaning my intentions for the next couple of months.

The post can be found at:
https://community.nethserver.org/t/happy-new-year-the-return-of-gael-duval-and-an-update-of-what-i-have-been-working-on

2 Likes

Good to know. What do you think to help me with the community?
I’d like to work with you on the new “community overview” What do you think?
Can I share with you a markdown doc?

Of course! I just love to see the community grow and mature. Got some time in the near future to talk things over on hangout/skype/discord/whatsapp?

2 Likes

Good to see you back in our community @medworthy. Just raise your hand and we will overload you with tasks (raise again if they are too many, we don’t want to see you get burnout :stuck_out_tongue: )

2 Likes

Thanks @robb,
Actually, I have not really been away from this community, I have been monitoring this forum and the automated e-mails that I have been receiving.

However, I am quite busy at the moment and unless there is anything that you (or any other community members) consider as a pressing issue which deserves my attention, I will let you know when I have freed up some of my schedule.

1 Like