Sogo does not get the good LDAP settings

Tested it quickly

We might add it, but once enabled you must use the samba AD field userPrincipalName or the mail ldap field to login, it means user@FirstDomain.com

The issue for me is that a user who uses to send email with the user@AliasDomain.com will want probably to use it and he will have an Authentification error. I understand it is a nethserver limitation

1 Like

I have no clue how the proposed will impact my situation … I will have to test. I will also have to re-read this later today and make sure I get what you are changing and why :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hello @stephdl, sorry for my late reply for this topic - I had some days off. My input on that:

Also field MailFieldName is an issue:
My installtions all have to deal with mutliple email domains. To make sogo working well I need to set MailFieldName correct (this is mandatory fo meeting invitations to work!!). I need to be able to set this field as needed (different Domains!).

A) nethserver = Samba DC:

MailFieldNames = (“E-Mail”);
or commetn this filed out (which results into same).
// MailFieldNames = (“userPrincipalName”);
Now I can set my individual E-Mails in field ‘E-Mail’ using Windows AD Tools:

This solution works fine, but can not be done in Nethserver only (besie using phpLDAPadmin).

B) nethserver = stand alone:

MailFieldNames = (“l”);
Now I do not have a separate field for email and I had to use one of the existing fields to enter my correct email. I ended up to use existign field ‘l’ (done via phpLDAPadmin). I used an existing one to avoid possible problems with future updates, hoping that this solution will last for long:
grafik

This is more a dirty hack but working.
I would like to sees a possibility to enter ‘sogo email’ inside nethserver user setup. This field should be used for Sogo MailFieldNames then.

1 Like