SOGo repositories soon to be only for paid support customers

One curious thing for me…the company where i work is changing all the smartphone we use and the solution chosen is made on window phone.

The first idea was to make an application based on android but the american put their veto and decided that wp is the way to go.

Sometime…you have no words to describe your opinion

4 Likes

well, now we know where are all the WP all around :wink:

good luck, my friend

I’m waiting for the day that anything other than an Ubuntu Linux phone is available. Ubuntu is OK but I’d prefer just about anything else.

I also have one.
I also use Android (Company phone, Galaxy S4) but my WP (Lumia 640 with Win10) is running much smoother. In my opinion, WP is the best OS. Too sad that MS did one failure after another. In some countries they had nearly 20% market share. Since the latest “activities” it droped even there down to less than 10%…

2 Likes

Hi to all !

I know I’m late in this discussion, sorry !

I’m disapointed of the decision against SOGo. Syncing of all my Nodes is running perfect, means my PS’s (via Thunderbird), via WEB (via SOGo-WEB-Interface) an my Android Mobilphone. And in future with WebTOP: I see nothing running …

Not realy happy …

Telekomiker !

You are right if we speak about webtop 4, but webtop 5 shall support cardav and caldav. I think we would have less problems then now.
I think Sogo-Support will be a problem in the future. See the first post in this thread:

1 Like

Nightly build are still available, some people said that they can be used even in production. I recall some funny bugs on stable packages that you had to wait with them some weeks, waiting the new stable rpms.

Obviously SOGo has grown enough to give their rules of the game.

1 Like

We could upload those nightly RPMs to nethforge-testing and if a particolar version is stable enough release to nethforge.

What do you think?

1 Like

…also our friends from SME Server would benefit from this hard testing job! :smile: /cc @quality_team, @smeserver

ahem… we already using them :wink:
our friend @stephdl already edited wiki pages accordingly… ATM, no error reports

I tested these packages from COPR:
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/jaile/sogo/

All rpms work very well and you don’t need all the bad stuff from sogo repository.

3 Likes

That’s a great news, so we can keep SOGo in NethForge but we need a maintainer for the nethserver-sogo rpms, right?

1 Like

Interesting but not up to date, since the good version is Sogo-3.2. the repository is not updated since 2 months. The solution of @davidep sounds better for me, push rpms to nethforge-testing and choose the good versions each month for example.

looking to the nightly build it seems that you have now only the sogo rpm and its dependencies Index of /nightly/2/rhel/7/x86_64/RPMS

Can you elaborate a bit more?
Thank you

at the nightly repository, the version is V3.2.0 → http://packages.inverse.ca/SOGo/nightly/3/rhel/7/x86_64/RPMS/

at the copr repo, the version is V3.1.4 → Packages for jaile/sogo built two months ago.

The copr version is done by a volunteer, nothing official.

1 Like

Thank you, now it makes sense

You’re right, but the quality of the rpms and stack seems much much better! :grin:
Of course, some one should take care of it :confused:

Just a head up, they work fine just fine for me too!

Personally i’d like to have “real” releases instead off Nightly releases, with nightly releases its always arbitrary when to upgrade. I mean every day or once a week or … ? Building it your self is, well …h*ll. Especially sope49, so heads up for Jaile!

2 Likes

While my cute little arm-boards are compiling at a speeds to get nostalgic, had not much better to do that have a look at SOGo. (oke: frustrated me it did not build)
Fiddelt with the spec files from Jalie. The odd thing is: there was a build dependency missing:
gnustep-base. I can’t understand how they (including inverse-inc/sogo) build it without this.

I don’t know what stacks Jalie used, this is built without patches from SOGo github sources:

and ( = from copr-Jalie)
http://gagniard.org/gilles/fedora/libwbxml-0.11.2-3.el7.centos.src.rpm

Is this any good?; Who wants to test?

EDIT: Spec Files GitHub - markVnl/SOGo-spec

And we all know we need a maintainer of the nethforge-sogo. And I don’t qualyfi in my own definition of a maintainer: he/she should be a regular (power) user of the application. I’m not :blush:

However I know the nethsever-sogo application quite well, and have just enough understanding of the e-smith configuration layer. But Apache not so well, all web thingy thingy’s not so well. (i more a hardware kind of guy).

I’m willing to give it a try, but need help with this.

5 Likes