Testing NethServer 7.5.1804 alpha

yes probably is the removed fstab management in nethserver-base

maybe nethserver-samba still use it ?

Itā€™s possible: Samba requires Posix ACLs thus it changes the ext4 options. As ns7 has xfs it is not required any more.

1 Like

Alpha 1 ISO is ready to be tested: http://www.nethserver.org/iso/nethserver-7.5.1804-alpha1-x86_64.iso

We also fixed:

3 Likes

tnx! downloadingā€¦

tested install on local AD + File Server and samba audit. no probs
i have some failure in log, iā€™ll check them better later

sssd: tkey query failed: GSSAPI error: Major = Unspecified GSS failure. Minor code may provide more information, Minor = Server not found in Kerberos database.

2 Likes

Ugly but not an (our) issue. If you have 5 minutes read the whole story (and the upstream bug) to find the culprit :wink:

1 Like

Great! :clap: First boot up looks nice with access URL but the nf_log error is still there, even after updates:

I tried to install the patch from @filippo_carletti again but no luck.
More tests will followā€¦

Because the fix was built after the ISO, but I backed an alpha 2 just for you: nethserver-7.5.1804-alpha2-x86_64.iso :wink:

The package inside the repositories should be good, itā€™s the same we are running on our production firewall.
But I will do further testing during the day.

1 Like

greatā€¦ i have also the same problemā€¦ :slight_smile:
the link is not workingā€¦

Ooops, fixed!

1 Like

The ulog error seems fixed now! :+1:

Some other points:

• ā€œWeb serverā€ in Software Center points to ā€œnethserver-httpd-virtualhostsā€ but the real name seems to be ā€œnethserver-virtualhostsā€ so install via Software Center fails.

• ntopng is not working (503 Service unavailable), thereā€™s an install error with redis:

May 15 14:06:53 testserver yum[10592]: Installed: ntopng-3.3.180109-3804.x86_64
May 15 14:06:53 testserver ntopng: [Redis.cpp:101] ERROR: ntopng requires redis server to be up and running
May 15 14:06:53 testserver ntopng: 15/May/2018 14:06:53 [Ntop.cpp:1486] Setting local networks to 127.0.0.0/8
May 15 14:06:53 testserver ntopng: 15/May/2018 14:06:53 [Redis.cpp:101] ERROR: ntopng requires redis server to be up and running
May 15 14:06:53 testserver ntopng: 15/May/2018 14:06:53 [Redis.cpp:102] ERROR: Please start it and try again or use -r
May 15 14:06:53 testserver ntopng: 15/May/2018 14:06:53 [Redis.cpp:103] ERROR: to specify a redis server other than the default
May 15 14:06:53 testserver ntopng: [Redis.cpp:102] ERROR: Please start it and try again or use -r
May 15 14:06:53 testserver ntopng: [Redis.cpp:103] ERROR: to specify a redis server other than the default
  • Install error in sogo but it works:
May 15 14:08:25 testserver esmith::event[37941]: ERROR 1146 (42S02) at line 1: Table 'sogo.sogo_folder_info' doesn't exist
May 15 14:08:25 testserver esmith::event[37941]: Action: /etc/e-smith/events/nethserver-sogo-update/S30nethserver-sogo-MigrationV3.2.10ToV4.0.0 FAILED: 1 [0.28973]
4 Likes

Thank you! Checked in the issue as verified.

Iā€™m looking to ntopng and web server. @stephdl could you check the SOGo error?

3 Likes

The rpm was missing inside the repository (/cc @davidep) , added: Change of defaults for NS 7.5 Ā· Issue #5490 Ā· NethServer/dev Ā· GitHub

The install error can be ignored, is present even on 7.4.
But when you go the ā€œBandwidth monitorā€ page and enable the server, it should start without problems.
I just tested it and it should work.

1 Like

Confirmed. I forgot to enable it. :blush:

2 Likes

PR done

2 Likes

This is a screenshot of the resulting DNS ā€œServer aliasā€ records, after upgrading to the final Email module based on Rspamd. I put it here, for later reference when weā€™ll draft the official announcement.

See also

And the test case /cc @quality_team

https://github.com/NethServer/dev/issues/5490#issuecomment-389217304

2 Likes

Thereā€™s no error anymore even after signal-event nethserver-sogo-update. :clap:

I recognized that sogo still requires nethserver-mail-common if you donā€™t have nethserver-mail2-common installed but in the new Software Center thereā€™s just ā€œEmailā€ pointing to nethserver-mail2-*.

3 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: Failed to join Active Directory

wait wait just one more thing :innocent:
iā€™ve some problem with joining a remote AD.
alpha2, installed from iso, full testing update, join was ok and i can see user/group but sometimes i get

sssd: tkey query failed: GSSAPI error: Major = Unspecified GSS failure. Minor code may provide more information, Minor = Server not found in Kerberos database.
httpd: [ERROR] NethServer\Tool\UserProvider: Account provider generic error: SSSD exit code 1
httpd: [ERROR] (Connection refused): IO::Socket::INET: connect: Connection refused

in software manager:
i still see Virtual machines manager
(and i am very very happy to see fail2ban in core tnx @stephdl )

i still need to try to install some other packagesā€¦

has someone tested on hardware? @quality_team

3 Likes

Is it a MS ad with IPv6 addresses?

IIRC there are no changes on that part: do you have the same issue with 7.4?

my m$ admin told me that itā€™s disabledā€¦

and yes on a 7.4 (full updated) joined to the same domain (and of course with the same config) i have those random messages in logs, sorry so not something related to 7.5 :thinking:

1 Like