Testing NethServer 7.5.1804 alpha

tnx!
upgrading from 7.4 to 7.5 i didn’t have Community support and Subscription tab on dashboard… it’s normal behaviour?

and yes in software center still have webvirt :sweat_smile:

upgraded 2 vm one with local AD fileshare and one with firewall, dpi and ntopng, seems ok

i’m not a dpi user so i don’t know if it’s normal (I hope not :grinning: )

installed from iso, fix nsrelease, update
install DPI, reboot
from webui select Status\DPI:

[1] Class 'NethServer\Module\FirewallRules\Index' not found
See the system log for details.

install of Basic Firewall seems to solve

1 Like

Yes, you need to manually install it on updated machines using:

yum update @nethserver-iso

This is documented here: Release notes 7 — NethServer 7 Final

The nethforge repository file has been updated, could you please check if it contains nsrelease variable? Just execute and report the output:

grep nsrelease /etc/yum.repos.d/NethForge.repo

Sadly yes, but it’s cosmetic and shouldn’t normally happen: if you wants to use ndpi, you also need the firewall interface to create the firewall rules.
Do you think we should add a more strict dependency? Just to be clear: when you install nethserver-ndpi the system will automatically install also nethserver-firewall-base-ui.

1 Like

tnx, i did not see it… all ok

# grep nsrelease /etc/yum.repos.d/NethForge.repo
mirrorlist=http://mirrorlist.nethserver.org/$releasever/nethserver?release=$releasever&repo=nethforge&arch=$basearch&nsrelease=$nsrelease
mirrorlist=http://mirrorlist.nethserver.org/$releasever/nethserver?release=$releasever&repo=nethforge-testing&arch=$basearch&nsrelease=$nsrelease

# cat /etc/yum/vars/nsrelease 

almost certainly who install dpi has already installed the firewall-ui, but I see only benefit from a strict dependency in this case

1 Like

Did the update like giacomo described it, everything seems to be ok, so now i just test a bit. Just a short question, which kernel is used by standard? Cause it is installed kernel-3.10.0-693.21.1.el7.x86_64 kernel-3.10.0-862.el7.x86_64 kernel-3.10.0-862.2.3.el7.x86_64, used by boot is 3.10.0-862.2.3.el7.x86_64. Is it right?

1 Like

3.10.0-862.2.3.el7.x86_64 is the right one, thank you fort testing!

1 Like

you guys did again a great job !!! double thumbsup :+1::+1:

2 Likes

I updated my Nethserver infrastructure (firewall, mailserver, VPS and backupbox) and there were no problems so far. A fresh VM install of the beta ISO worked too. Awesome work! :sunglasses:

It should be away after doing yum clean all && yum update again to reload the Nethforge repo.

3 Likes