Welcome to NethServer Community

Hi to all.
It’s a pleasure to get the opportunity to introduce me and what i do.
I am an entrepreneur in Ravenna and an ex Linux user when I studied in Ferrara.
The meeting with Nethesis and its commercial force bring me in the community and to renew my interest in Linux and related solutions.
Someone told me that: The secret of success consists of a work ethic founded on curiosity and experimentation.
I hope to give you the same enthusiasm that I have found here.

P.S. Could it be a good occasion to enhance my english?

So shall!!! Welcome @carmine In this great community. :coffee:

I’m from Venezuela, and we will be here to help you in whatever way we can.

Tell us more about you.

1. Who are you
  2. What you’re working on
  3. What brings you to NethServer!
  4. What interesting software do you have found lately? How you spent your free time?
  5. Do you have already tested/installed NethServer?

Regards

Looks that 1. 2. 3. are already checked by @carmine :smile:

Guys @rmwonge @carvanders @maxime @carmine @advcorp @tngpthf12 @filomar64 @flaptop @Sean_Maloney @Andriy_Pas @epalumbo

Please let me know, how i can help you.

Hi @rmwonge @carvanders @maxime @carmine @advcorp @tngpthf12 @filomar64 @flaptop @Sean_Maloney @Andriy_Pas @epalumbo, Welcome!

This also applies to everyone. This forum is about us, us wanting to look for help, us wanting to chime-in our solutions, ideas and us just wanting to share something. Believe me when I say that every problem reported here has been atleast attended to by someone. Let us not waste this good community, let’s help build this one. As @alefattorini said (I’ll have to dig this out, I know its just somewhere here), the community is not about us (all), it is us.

If you are experiencing a challenge setting up, just ask and someone will be working with you on the issue. The devs and other mainstays (but you are also welcome to share…actually, we are encouraged to :smile: ) are willing to help and make your NS installation as beautiful as possible.

That said, WELCOME :beers: ! And together, let’s make this a wonderful community and our experience awesome!

6 Likes

I couldn’t say it better :wink:

1 Like

It’s Monday again
and we are used to giving a big warm welcome to our new members: @nardellu @Lewis @Julio_Cesar_Angelo @Dan_Kennedy @apradoc @arin @edusistemas @CRFigueroa @joaovitorti @Citizen_X @Nick_Kremer @ecom
Every week, we invite them to introduce themselves and help us get to know them!
Tell us:

• Who are you?
  • What you’re working on?
  • What brings you to NethServer!
  • What interesting software do you have found lately? How you spent your free time?
  • Do you have already tested/installed NethServer?

My name is Lewis Du-pont, I am working on getting a great Firewall/Gateway for uses in this small company. I was using ClearOS and could not get the reports I was looking for, so I am giving Nethserver a try, and ClearOS sucks. Nethserver seems to be be very interesting, my free time I spend doing photography. I have installed Nethserver and now doing tests, just went life about 15min ago.

2 Likes

hi!

My name is Alessandro, a python dev/system admin for a sardinian company (Innoviù S.R.L.)
I’m studing and testing Nethserver since few months, PDC Samba, VPN, Email Server & many other services.
It looks so cool and easy to use and manage. :smile:
Now i’m investigating about to replace Microsoft Exchange Server with Nethserver :wink:

1 Like

Sounds great! We like devs :smiley:
Do you have installed it on production? Could you please add details and reply here?
Feel free to ask support and share your achievements

Hi Lewis, welcome again! Make this your place sharing your challenges and wins :smile:
Which kind of company? What do you do?

Company is Times of Swaziland a news paper press, I am the systems manager

1 Like

Since I’m here around from a quite long time and I haven’t still introduced myself…

My name is Stefano Zamboni, I live and work in Treviso, a small and fine town 30 km far from Venice, Veneto, Italy.

I use linux systems since early 2000… I started with smoothwall, then adopted E-smith (at that time on 4.X release) as a server solution. E-smith become SME server some years later and it’s a kind of “parent” of NS.

I met Alessio, Filippo and all the devs’ crew some years (5, IIRC) ago…

I work as a freelancer, either as a programmer on a legacy web app developed in classic asp and as a system administrator for some small customers.

I’m actively involved in SME server development and I’m a board member of the Koozali Foundation.
I’m interested into NS as it’s a new and good approach, development and improvement of something I know very well.

5 Likes

Hello Stefano,

I’m surprise to see a board menber of the Koozali Foundation here.
I don’t know SME server, I was also considering a alternative of ClearOS but I had instaled Nethserver before trying Koozali SME.

For me Nethserver is"simply" a fork of Koozali,
but for you, who tell “it`s a new and good approach”, in what Nethserver is different from SME Server?

1 Like

why? we’re talking about two strictly related products and both of them are OOSS

well… even if the two distro share a good part of the e-smith layer (almost all of it AFAICT), NS uses a different approach in terms of modularity… you can install it as a empty container and then add what you need
it is different in term of how some features are implemented (firewall) and daemons (postfix)

Hi
My name is Keith Chadwick and I live in Snowdonia in North Wales. I used to be an IT consultant / database programmer - now retired. Previous distros have been SME server and Zentyal But quite enjoying NethServer, although I found the initial install a little confusing (internet connection), great web site by the way…

2 Likes

Thank you Stefano @zamboni for introducing yourself! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: