Welcome to NethServer Community

Happy Monday NethServerian
Every Monday, we welcome all of our wonderful new members to the group. So please help me in wishing them all a warm welcome.

If you’re new here or you didn’t show up yet , please comment below and introduce yourself.
Who you are, where you are from and what you’re working on, what brings you to NethServer and what do you expect to find here?

Looking at you
@MarcoMelegari @jonathan_young @Enzo @Protagon_Antagon @Danial_Jose @Gilberto_Ribeiro @gar @aungthuhein33 @dobocriugm @wimpactus @bsprakash @compsos @hanvandewal @SamE @Yan_Sivitskiy

I’ll try but not promise. I’m going to try to do it on my spare time, however, my travel time from work to home and vice-versa eats up a lot of my waking hours, taking up 2-3hrs one way. I’ve tried ClearOS several years back, 2010-2011, and have been impressed. However, my then network card was not that supported by Redhat/CentOS/Fedora, so it went down in 3 months time. Zentyal, being based in Ubuntu, supported my Marvell Yukon ethernet card without hiccups.

@davide_marini and @filippo_carletti are your men smiley test them and let us know!

Great! I’ll be posting here and perhaps call their attention when I do more testing. I’m into mail and backup for the moment.

Welcome mates!!! Hope you find NS terrific as I have.

1 Like

Hi,

My name is Tohid and I live in India, I work with Linux servers mostly since
2011, I am looking towards nethserver to implement it to a small tech Industry
At the moment I have some projects which is related to alternative to Windows Server and other Microsoft infrastructure products for SMBs.
And also all in one doorstep features!!

regards to the community
tohid!!!

@Tohid_Tamboli Welcome among us :slight_smile:
Please, I desire share with everyone your PM message, because it’s really nice!

Thank you I am assuming nethserver to boom boom the worlds most used zentyal!
I am in community because im planning to use nethserver in my office for special reasons:-
1.squid caching
2.windows authentication
3.fileserver
4.owncloud
5.https blocking
6.centos
7.web based

1 Like

Hello i am new here, discover this great server yesterday

I live in The Netherlands (not in Holland :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

I work whit Linux about 15 years now. (hobby not professional)

I have a network of osx and Linux computers ad home. And 2 children that needs Windows for school so, also 2 windows laptops ( i don’t have windows knowledge i sad goodbye to windows at windows 3.11)

I came here because i was looking for a new server. At the time i have a Mac-mini whit osx and a virtual Linux openSUSe 13.1 server whit Kerio Conect.

I wanted to use the Mac in a different way. So when i get a present of a Assus Eepc, i thought that will bi my new server.

That’s why i came to Nethserver. At the time, (and for the following weeks) i try to keep a howto to migrate from Kirio Connekt to Nethserver.

Sorry for the bad English

1 Like

Hi Everyone;

Since '96 playing around with ESX and KVM, Windows server, Linux (Debian/RedHat), MacOS and sometimes with BSD (pfSense and FreeNAS).

I always searching for something manageable by a non-senior Techie (webui), having an active community for help and offer great possibilities.

So far; I like NethServer because it offering all of thoses

• Great and active communities
  • Strong base with CentOS / RedHat
  • Great choice of plugins : libvirt, snort, owncloud are my favourite.
1 Like

As is tradition, every Monday we welcome all our new members to this group. If you’re new here, please comment below and tell us who you are, where you are from and what you’re working on, what brings you to NethServer and what do you expect to find here.
If you’ve been here a while, you know what to do!
Looking at you @Jason @ibico @neuralnet @kayazeren @Dinesh_Upadhyay @Steven_Queue @ramiroec @JOduMonT @Tohid_Tamboli @Menal_Habib @umangeg @serlopord @MarcoMelegari

We’re trying to create a “water cooler” environment where people can go to engage in light-hearted conversation! Take a look at:

Don’t worry! Patience is mandatory here!

Thanks man! Glad to read your point of view and happy to have you aboard! :smiley:
We need your help to make this community more and better

Hello it’s Kaya Zeren from Turkey at 47 years old.

After working for years with combination of electronics, computer hardware, database programming, oilfield engineering and process documentation, my current job is simply IT Consultancy.

I always looked for an firewall/content filter/cache server for Small Businesses. Especially at field offices where we had limited satellite connection and controlling trafic was important. Easy remote managable system with simple hardware requirements was a must. So I was a big fan of IPCop in those days.

Last few years I also started to localize software (especially open source) as a hobby. So when I was working with Transifex translation platform, I found NethServer and completed Turkish translation.

I hope to collaborate these wonderful people & project.

2 Likes

That’s a good way to start, jumping into the action! I like it :wink: thanks for join us you’re welcome!

My friend @davide_marini was a huge fan too! Chat with him if you want :wink:

Hi folks!

Dave Land here in the middle of the Gila National Forest in wild and wooly western New Mexico (U.S.A.) :smiley:
I’m 58 and have been in the computer biz for 16+ years. I’m a born ‘tinker’ and like to try new distros and hardware. Also have been in the auto and small engine repair business for 40+ years, but trying to get away from the auto part of it, as I get older. I switched to Nethserver 6.6 after numerous issues with SME-server 9 over the last several months, and so far I’m pretty impressed, especially with the other users and developers that have helped me through the minor issues I’ve encountered along the way. You guys are GREAT!

I’m also involved with the HPPA Linux project to an extent, as I have a few HP PA-RISC boxes here that I use periodically, plus I currently have 1 HP J6750 Visualize Workstation acting as a buildd server for the distro, that builds and uploads to debian-ports.org. It’s maintained by Helge Deller, one of the developers in Germany, along with several other machines in various places around the world.

That’s about it for me. I’ll stay tuned for changes and updates as they happen. Good work guys! :wink:

Dave Land
Land Computer Service

2 Likes

I moved 2 posts to a new topic: Gila National forest

As every Monday we welcome all our new members to this group, so please help me in wishing them all a warm welcome.
If you’re new here, please comment below and tell us

• who you are?
  • where you are from?
  • what you’re working on?
  • what’s your favorite thing about your job?
  • what brings you to NethServer?
  • what do you expect to find here?

If you’ve been here a while, you know what to do!

Looking at you @gabriele_bulfon @raffaele_fullone @jott_emm @memexx @malvank @marcoianna @nayanivijay @Vinny74 @MillerT @samuele_cialdini @frankar @Delfino83 @nicolatiana @Frank_Visconti @jrieder @xmechanic

Hi Everybody!

Take a minute to comment below and tell us:

• who you are?
    *I am Cas. I am an aspiring System and Network Administrator *

• where are you from?
    I am from the Philippines

• what are you working?
    Currently I am working as a helpdesk administrator

• what brings you to NethServer?
    *I didn’t really know what I was looking for but then I bumped on the
    nethserver and I think it’s a really good project. *

• what do you expect to find here?
    I hate to copy answers but more or less the same with Mr. Leobardo
    Alcantara

Ehi welcome on Community! :smiley:
how are you? if you’re an aspiring sysadmin here you can find many skilled ones, feel free to ask advices.
You could start a topic like “How become an expert Sysadmin?” :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Take a look at this:

Good morning Alessio

Samuel are Cialdini .Lavoro At SoftOne Srl are of Ravenna.

I met Nethesys by a visit here at our headquarters in Joseph Trianti … From them and 'born interest in the product.

On the advice of Joseph I began to assess the version comunity, and hence the reason for registration.

Now I have not got to experience, but now I hope to have some time now to look at us.

I’ll definitely need information on the groupware, sharing contacts and calendars: Cristian Manoni told me that some features are only in the Enterprise version, I wanted to understand and sove 'the border between the two worlds …

We talk to you soon

thanks

[translated by G Translator]

Buongiorno Alessio

Sono Samuele Cialdini .Lavoro Presso SoftOne Srl
Sono di Ravenna.

Ho conosciuto Nethesys tramite una visita qui alla nostra sede di Giuseppe
Trianti… Da li e’ nato interesse verso il prodotto.

Su consiglio di Giuseppe ho iniziato a valutare la versione comunity, e da
qui il motivo della registrazione.

Subito non ho avuto modo di sperimentare , ma spero ora di avere un po di
tempo ora per guardarci.

Sicuramente avro bisogno di informazioni sulla parte groupware ,
condivisione contatti e calendari: Cristian Manoni mi diceva che alcune
feature sono solo nella versione Enterprise, volevo capire sove e’ il
confine tra i due mondi …

Ci sentiamo presto

Grazie

Hi,

I am Kenneth Rasmussen and have just arrived here at Nethserver Community.
I live in Denmark, and is working as a IT consultant/technician at Lundberg Data A/S.
We have a small hosting center, there our customers uses Windows terminal servers, to access there programs, like C5 Navision, and office products. We have several Exchange and SQL servers as well.
We are always looking for ways to do things better and cheaper, and under the search for this, I found Nethserver. Nethserver looks promising, so we have started to test it, to see if this could be a part of our future setup.

Have a nice day
Kenneth

1 Like